Lightroom Publish plug-in lets you upload images to SlickPic.com directly from within the Lightroom Library. Just select the photos you want and drag them to SlickPic Publish Service.
✅ Quickly and easily upload your photos to SlickPic through Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®
✅ Upload your photos to an existing album or create a new one
✅ Uploaded photos include metadata and tags added in Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®
✅ RAW files are automatically converted to JPEG prior to upload
✅ Import likes, comments, and photos marked by users (proofing) into Activity folders
✅ Download your albums and photos straight to your Lightroom Library
✅ Multi-catalog support
Download the SlickPic Plug-in Version 8.0 for Adobe Lightroom and follow the instructions below.
Plug-in Installation Instructions
After downloading the .zip archive click on it to unpack the plug-in (SlickPic-Lightroom-Classic-Plugin.lrplugin). You can put the file in any folder. For example, add it to your Documents folder, or create a “SlickPic Plug-in” folder in your Documents folder.
For simple installation use the Lightroom Plug-in Manager.
- Start the Lightroom application, from the File menu choose Plug-in Manager.
- Click Add
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the SlickPic-Lightroom-Classic-Plugin.lrplugin. Select the file and Click OK.
- The plug-in will need to add metadata fields to your catalog and you will be prompted for permission to update the catalog. Click Update Catalog
Below are the step-by-step instructions with screenshots. Installation is the same for both Mac and PC.
- From the top Menu, bar click File and navigate down to the Plug-in Manager. Click on it
- In the Plug-in Manager window click the Add button.
- A file browsing window will open. For the purpose of this example, we’ve created a SlickPic Plug-in folder in the Documents and moved the downloaded plug-in there.
Next, select the SlickPic-Lightroom-Classic-Plugin.lrplugin, and click OK.
- You will be prompted to update your catalog. Click the Update Catalog button
- After you have installed the SlickPic Plug-in you can proceed to log in. Click the “Log In” button and follow the instructions. Your SlickPic web page will open and ask for authorization. After authorizing, click the Save button at the bottom of the window.
- Installation is now complete. The SlickPic Publisher plug-in is installed and you can find it in the Publish Services panel of Lightroom Library.
- If you are ready to log in, please see the instructions on How To Login below.
- If you need instructions on how to use the plug-in, please go to the Help section and click How to Use Lightroom Plug-in.
How to Log In with the Lightroom Plug-in
1. To log in, right-click on the SlickPic bar in the Publishing Services section and click Edit Settings to bring up the Publishing Manager window.
2. Next, enter your SlickPic screen name or email address and password, and click Login.
Note: This plug-in doesn’t support Facebook and Google login. See the following article on how to get around this: How To Use Facebook/Google Login With Apps. Then log in to LightRoom® with your Facebook or Google email and new password. This will not affect your SlickPic login.
3. You will see your screen name in the Publishing Manager window, then click the Save button at the bottom of the screen (this action only has to be done once).
How to Use SlickPic Plug-in for Lightroom
Open Lightroom. If you have already installed the plug-in and authorized it, on the left side of the application you will see the SlickPic bar with your screen name and a new album. Using your mouse to drag and drop, you can move photos already added to Lightroom into this album. When all photos are added, open this album. On the left at the bottom, click Publish, so your photos will be published in your SlickPic account. A right-click on this album launches a drop-down menu, where you can rename, create, delete or publish your album. When you click on Go to Published Album, you will be taken to your SlickPic gallery. All actions made in Lightroom will be saved in your SlickPic album. To add comments, scroll down on the right side of the Lightroom menu, add comments, and they appear in your SlickPic account. Clicking on Like in SlickPic will also appear in Lightroom.
Import Gallery Activity
To import likes, comments, and marked photos from your SlickPic site:
1. Right-click on the SlickPic bar in the Publishing Services section.
2. Click Edit Settings to bring up the Publishing Manager window.
3. Next, click the Update Activity button in Gallery Activity to force a refresh.
4. Look for the album name in the Activity folder in the albums panel. Open the album to view likes, comments, and the marked photos folder. If there are comments on your SlickPic site, highlight the photo in Lightroom and view them under the Comments panel (located on the right in Lightroom’s Library module).
Tip: To learn more about Adobe Lightroom Classic Plug-in Manager please read the following article: https://lightroomkillertips.com/understanding-the-plug-in-manager/
👨💻 For computer Experts – manual plugin installation
If you are computer savvy and prefer to manually install the plugin, download, unzip and copy the folder called “SlickPic-Lightroom-Classic-Plugin.lrplugin” into Lightroom’s “Modules” folder (create it if it’s not there).
The folder can be found at:
Mac OSX: /Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules
Tip: An easy way to find that folder is to open Lightroom Classic’s preferences, click the Presets tab, then click the Show All Other Lightroom Presets button. This will open the Lightroom folder in either Windows Explorer or Finder on Mac, and inside you will find (or create if it is not there) the Modules folder.
To complete the installation please re-launch Lightroom (close it and open it again) and choose “update catalog” when prompted. After you have completed the installation process, right-click and select Settings in SlickPic Publish Services, then click Login and proceed with account authorization.